Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm a mommy... and other discoveries.

Last week I found an abandoned infant kitten outside my apartment. It was only about a day old. After I realized the mom was not going to come back for it, I took the little thing in. I've never looked after a kitten this young before. I have to wake up every 2-3 hours to feed her. I've taken this opportunity to do a LOT of overnight blood tests. I've made a very pleasant discovery. My blood sugar does nothing overnight. Nothing. 10 PM: 107 1AM: 109 3AM: 107 6AM: 112 9AM: 110. This makes me so super happy. I used to plummet overnight, and then we adjusted my basal rate and continually woke up high. Now I can bolus before I go to bed (if my blood sugar is high) and I don't have to worry about going low overnight.

I think about this kitten almost as much as I think about my diabetes. Almost every time I feed the kitten I do a blood test. Having a kitten is almost as good as having a CGM.



No comments:

Post a Comment